Photo by Hamedog
- Where: Perth, Western Australia
- Home team: Western Australia
- Capacity: 24,500
- Hero: name
- Your watering hole: pub name
- Best view: Prindiville Stand
0 Comments - See comments for this venue
- How to get there? Big Hairy Biker
- Did you know? The pitch at the WACA was regarded as one of the quickest and bounciest in the world. These characteristics, in combination with the afternoon sea-breezes which regularly pass the ground (the Fremantle Doctor), have historically made the ground an attractive place for pace and swing bowlers.
- The Scoop’s view
- Curtley Ambrose. The man was built to bowl on this pitch, in fact the man was built to bowl on any pitch. It was 1993 and if I wasn’t sitting on the bank I would have been out of my chair. This was breathtaking. The man took 7 wickets in the time he conceded just 1 run against a formidable batting line up. So cricket geeks out there, name all 7 batsman. No cheating! Can anyone else think of a more hostile spell of bowling that that of Curtley’s in the fast bowling paradise of the world? Alex Tudor may suggest he faced faster when he confronted Brett Lee here. Anyone remember that? ooof.