Stadium Guides > Shere-e-Bangla Stadium, Mirpur
Photo by: your name here
0 Comments - See comments for this venue
- Where: Mirpur Thana district
- Home team: Bangladesh
- Capacity: 36,000
- Hero: Who will write their name in the books during the World Cup?
- Your watering hole: hmm, no idea where to go, can you help?
- Best view: Where the plum spot to sit?
- How to get there? 10 clicks from the centre of Dhaka
- Did you know? The ground is one of the most well equipped and has world class facilities. It is considered one of the best grounds in the subcontinent. The most striking feature of the ground is the drainage facility which is probably the best in the subcontinent. The ground was originally built for football and athletics and was hence rectangular in shape. To bring it back to a shape suited for cricket, a lot of demolition had to be done, and also the athletics tracks had to be dug up. About three feet of soil was excavated to remove all the red clay. PVC pipes were fit in before filling it up with rock chips and sand and then grass. The slope is nice and even, a difference of 29 inches from the wicket to the boundary.